Saturday, September 22, 2012

Wrapping up training


It's been a long week of training and a large number of topics were covered.  The days felt longer due to the jet lag and, towards the end, it almost felt like new information was pushing out the old, which reminds me of this little gem of a quote:

"How is education supposed to make me feel smarter?  Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes old stuff out of my brain.  Remember when I took that home wine-making course, and forgot how to drive?"
                   
 -H. Simpson


Anyways, back to the training.  We went over such topics as:

     
     -Culture

     -ESL Methodology

     -Language classes

     -Living with a host family


     -You get the idea...


Tomorrow, we will be popping this bubble that we've been living in for the past week and get to experience Georgia on a whole new level.  Tbilisi is a wonderful city, but I am excited to explore the town and region where I will call home for the next 9 months. 



Here is the region that I will be exploring in depth and teaching in:





Fact: This is the region where Jason came, with his Argonauts, to search for the Golden Fleece.
Fact: This region is traditionally known for its mulberry and grape harvest. (And where there's grapes, there's... :)


That's all for now!
Cheers,


xK

No comments:

Post a Comment